Glenda’s Farmhouse Cashews are ideal for roasting or enjoying raw. By roasting them, you’ll enhance the flavor and the crunch. The process requires very little time and effort for such a hefty payoff.
Whether you eat them as a snack, baked into your favorite treat, tossed into a salad or sauce, or ground into a “cheese,” cashews are delicious, versatile, and nutritious.
Initially found in Central America, the Caribbean, and the northern section of South America, cashews are actually a seed and are prominently displayed in Indian, Vietnamese, and Thai foods.
They’re usually the star of a jar of mixed nuts as well!
Cashews aren’t sold in the shell because this exterior layer has toxic oils like poison ivy. You can find them unroasted and unsalted, though, and this choice generally allows you longer shelf life and more versatility.
When you roast cashews, you elevate the aromatics and the flavor of the food.
Oven Roasting Process:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Spread out the cashews in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Allow to cook for about 12 minutes, but you’ll need to stir occasionally to keep them from burning.
- Take the roasted cashews from the oven. Use or store in an airtight container for seven days, max.
Stovetop Roasting Process:
- On medium heat, cook the cashews in a skillet, frequently stirring, until the cashews are golden and fragrant. (3-5 minutes)
- Remove the cashews from the skillet to use right away, or store them in an airtight container for up to seven days.
Microwave Roasting Process:
- Spread out the cashews in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate.
- Set them to cook for one minute.
- Check them. Set for another minute.
- Repeat until the cashews are golden and fragrant.
- Use or store in an airtight container for up to seven days.
Glenda’s Farmhouse offers affordable, fresh cashews that you can conveniently order online and have shipped directly to your home.
Roasted and raw, cashews are great just as they are for a healthy snack. You can also use them in some fantastic recipes, so keeping a supply on hand should be routine for your household.
Cashew’s Nutritional Profile:
- 178 calories
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 6 g protein
- 14 g fat
- 3 g saturated fat
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat
- 8 g monounsaturated fat
- 4 mg sodium
- 213 mg potassium
- 1 g fiber
- 2 g sugar
- 1 mg of Vitamin C
- 12 mg calcium
- 2 mg iron
CHOOSE GLENDA’S FARMHOUSE
Operating out of Vino, California, in an entirely peanut-free facility, Glenda’s Farmhouse offers cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, sea salts, and so much more! Customers worldwide count on us for wholesome and nutritious foods, and we proudly fulfill these needs.
The beliefs that we have, as a company, drive our mission. Glenda’s Farmhouse believes in the following:
- Friends, family, and community fueled by sharing tasty and nutritious food.
- Health of body and mind developed through nourishing food.
- Respect for the trees and land and using sustainable practices that reflect this respect.
- Blending technology and tradition in today’s agricultural economy.
Ten minutes once a week spent roasting cashews is an excellent investment of time and effort for the healthy snacking of your family. Trust us, your family members will grab the cashews before the chips every time, and their health and attitudes will all benefit. Order your cashews from Glenda’s Farmhouse today!