Experience divine culinary magic when you try these Cashew Cookies, packed with flavor and the nutritional benefits of cashews. Glenda’s Farmhouse Cashews are ideal for this recipe and others.
For the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cream the brown sugar and butter until the texture is fluffy (about 6 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients and sour cream, alternately, into the cream mixture.
- Stir in the cashews.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Drop the batter onto the parchment paper by the tablespoon, leaving room for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, until the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Make one batch at a time.
- To make the frosting, lightly brown the butter on the stovetop.
- Allow the butter to cool a bit. Then add the milk and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until thick.
- Frost the cookies and garnish with a cashew half or two.
Tips for Cashew Storage
Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews will meet all of your expectations regarding freshness and quality. Buying a ready supply of cashews means that you’ll have to store them in a way that keeps them fresh.
Choose airtight storage containers and a cool location. In a cool spot in the pantry, they’ll stay fresh for a few months; in the fridge, they’ll stay fresh for six months; and in the freezer, they’ll stay fresh for a year.
Elevate after-school snacking, impress the other parents at the bake sale, or entertain with treats worthy of your guests by making these tasty Cashew Cookies using cashews supplied by Glenda’s Farmhouse.