Cashew Alfredo Sauce
If you have alfredo lovers in your household but would like a healthier option, try this Cashew Alfredo Sauce made with Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews.
- In hot water, soak the Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews for 20 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and place in a high-speed blender.
- With the cashews, add the arrowroot starch, yeast, garlic, salt, parmesan, and 1 cup of almond milk.
- Blend to smooth, scraping sides. You’ll taste and adjust as you like - garlic for zing, yeast or parmesan for cheesiness, salt for saltiness, and more almond milk to thin as needed.
- At this stage, you can add pasta to cook with sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a skillet and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid scalding.
- The sauce will thicken and bubble as it cooks.
- Add almond milk as needed (about ½ cup).
- Serve with veggie noodles or pasta of your choice. Top with parmesan and roasted tomatoes.
- Tapioca starch or cornstarch can substitute for arrowroot.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days or freezer for up to 1 month.
- Swap out vegan parmesan in a blender for onion.
- Top with mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and chili pepper for additional flavor.
- Can also serve over steamed rice and vegetables.
- A touch of basil in the blender will add a pesto flavor.
- To keep it vegan with an homage to tradition, pair with vegan Italian sausage or vegan chicken.