Walnut Flour Recipes
Indulge in bread and dessert, guilt-free, by choosing recipes that incorporate walnut flour made from Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts instead of traditional white flours. Gluten-free, low-carb, and fiber-rich, this ingredient can easily become a magic ingredient in your culinary toolbox.
How to Make Walnut Flour
With a supply of Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts, you can process your own walnut flour. This process will also work for other types of nuts, and we always suggest starting with a quality source, like Glenda’s Farmhouse. We’re committed to providing wholesome, quality ingredients for tables across the globe.
Step One: Prepare the Walnuts
- Boil a large pot of water filled halfway.
- Rinse your supply of walnuts in hot water.
- Add the walnuts to boiling water.
- Boil the walnuts for just a few seconds, about 15 or so.
- Place the walnuts on a clean towel.
- Remove all skins from the walnuts.
Step Two: Grind the Walnuts
- With a blender or nut grinder, process the walnuts in ½ cup batches.
- Pulse the nuts to a crumbled texture; do not over-process.
- Sift the ground nuts; process the larger pieces once more.
Step Three: Store Walnut Flour
- To store walnuts flour, or any other nut flour, choose an airtight container.
- For short-term storage, choose the fridge, and for longer periods, place the walnut flour in the freezer.
- Turned walnut flour will have a bitter flavor.
Walnut Flour Cake Recipe
- Prepare a 9” round or square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Divide the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Combine the sugar and the egg yolks, beat them until light and fluffy (7-9 min).
- Fold in the walnut flour and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until they peak.
- In three batches, add a third of the egg whites to the egg yolk and walnut flour mixture.
- Add the cake batter to the pan, and slide it into the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 min, until a toothpick comes out clean but wet.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for five minutes in the pan. Then turn it over onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before moving to a serving plate and decorating with the icing sugar and walnut halves.
- Serve alongside chilled whipping cream.
Walnuts offer an incredible amount of nutrition as well as an absence of unhealthy substances commonly found in desserts. Craft a supply of walnut flour from Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts and start cooking! Questions or orders? Click here to contact us online.