Walnut Brownie Recipe
Walnut Brownie Recipe
About Glenda’s Farmhouse
Glenda’s Farmhouse is an Andersen & Sons Shelling brand. Since 1904, our family has been farming walnuts, prunes, and cattle in Vina, California. Nestled in California’s Central Valley near the Sacramento River, this is considered the world’s prime walnut-growing region thanks to the fertile soils and mild climate.
*Tip: Toast nuts by placing them in single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in a 350-degree oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Nuts burn easily, so watch them carefully.
When ready to bake brownies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Flip the pan over and shake out excess flour.
In the top of a double boiler set for barely simmering (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter and both sugars and stir until smooth. OR heat the chocolate, butter and both sugars in a microwave-safe bowl, uncovered, on medium power for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until chocolate is shiny. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth and melted. Transfer to a large bowl and cool until lukewarm.
Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
Add eggs and vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir until blended. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in walnuts. Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Store cooled brownies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Add More Walnuts to Your Meals
Walnuts are an excellent source of heart-healthy, plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, the good fat often attributed to improving cholesterol.
- Finely chop some walnuts and add them to your oatmeal. (Be cautious of small shell pieces.)
- Roast the walnuts and add them to pasta or rice pilaf.
- Drizzle some walnuts with olive oil, dust with your favorite spices, toast them, and add them to salads.
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts atop your avocado toast.
- Exchange one-third of the ground meat in your favorite recipes with finely chopped walnuts before cooking.
- Add chopped walnuts to chicken or fish just before cooking.
- Add chopped walnuts to yogurt and cut fruits, such as applies or pears, for a healthy dessert.
- Add chopped walnuts to cakes, cookies, muffins and breads.Enhance the brain health benefits by eating walnuts with blueberries.
Get in Touch Today
Try the walnut brownie recipe from Glenda’s Farmhouse today. We think it will soon become one of your family’s favorites! Get in touch with us at 530.839.2236 or complete our online contact form.