Vegan Walnut Pesto
Vegans should never sacrifice flavor, and with walnut pesto, the blandest dishes can become savory and delightful. Glenda’s Farmhouse sells quality, healthy walnuts, conveniently and affordably purchased and delivered.
The Magic Ingredient - Walnuts
If you’re looking for a wholesome answer to Meatless Mondays, consider the power of walnuts. In addition to a bounty of nutritional benefits, walnuts offer a convenient solution to the incorporation of flavor. Walnuts offer texture and crunch, and they absorb flavors well. Their versatility is remarkable.
The Many Uses of Pesto
Pre-made pesto is considered a pantry staple by many, but homemade pesto is not a difficult preparation. The walnut pesto recipe provides savory and deep flavors. Consider the many uses for pesto for your meal plans:
- Pesto pasta
- Appetizers and dips
- Salad dressing or sauce
- Sandwich spread
- Garnish for lean meats or vegetables
- Filling/Stuffing - mix with cream cheese or crumbled walnuts to fill bell pepper, ravioli, or boneless chicken for the meat eater
- Pizza topping
- Breakfast condiment
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse the processor until all contents are rice sized. Take care not to puree the contents and eliminate all of the texture.
*How to Roast Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 TBSP olive oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place parchment paper or aluminum foil on a cookie or baking pan.
- Toss walnuts and salt as preferred.
- Place walnuts on the baking pan in a single layer.
- Move the walnuts about occasionally.
- Cook until the walnuts become golden and aromatic (7-10 minutes).
- Take the pan out of the oven.
- Leave whole or chop, depending on use.
- Store the walnuts in an airtight container. They will be good for one week.
Vegan pesto can also be made with walnuts, as in the above recipe, or with other tree nuts like pine, almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or peanuts. Order your fresh supply of walnuts from Glenda’s Farmhouse to always be prepared for cooking fantastic dishes for Meatless Monday or any other day of the week.