Vegan Cashew Recipes
Vegan meals can be interesting and delicious! Try the vegan cashew recipe from Glenda’s Farmhouse, such as this Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Salt water in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Boil the pasta to al dente.
- Return to pot.
- Choose an appropriate heavy pot, Dutch oven, or saucepan (with a cover.)
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add cauliflower and cashews. Saute until lightly browned (about 4 min).
- Add garlic and saute for another 1-2 min to fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth, onion powder, ⅛ tsp black pepper, nutmeg, and ½ tsp salt.
- Simmer, cover, and cook for 6-7 min. (Check for doneness/tenderness by piercing with a fork.)
- Move the contents of the pot to a blender.
- Add the remaining salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, on high setting.
- On the table serving dish, place one pound of prepared pasta and top with 5 cups of sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Al Dente Pasta - this term refers to cooking pasta that is firm on the inside. To achieve this status, follow these instructions:
- Use a large pot.
- Pre-boil and salt the water.
- Check pasta frequently for doneness.
- Drain pasta immediately when it is tender on the outside with a pinpoint of white at the core.
Storing and Using Leftover Alfredo Sauce
Whether you save the extra cup of sauce this recipe produces or make the sauce ahead of time, store it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
Pasta isn’t the only way to use this sauce, though. You can use it as a dip or topping for everything from grains to vegetables, potatoes, and more.