Thai Cashew Chicken
If you enjoy delicious and authentic Thai Cashew Chicken, you don’t have to visit a restaurant or order in. Make your own with cashews from Glenda’s Farmhouse and the following recipe.
When this dish is complete, you’ll enjoy crisp chicken with a sweet and savory sauce, crunchy and creamy textures, and spicy and earthy flavors.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and set to the side.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and heat up.
- Fry the cashews for one minute. Drain. Set to the side.
- Fry the Thai dry chilis for one minute. Drain. Set to the side.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Fry for about 5 minutes to a golden color. Drain. Set to the side.
- Have all veggies chopped and ready to go.
- Add a half of a tablespoon of oil to a fresh frying pan.
- Fry the garlic; add the onions and fry until they’re clear.
- Add the red and green chilis and fry for a couple of minutes, adding a small bit of water if necessary.
- Incorporate the sauce mixture. Stir fry until the sauce becomes thick and sticky.
- Incorporate the chicken, cashews, and dried Thai chilis. Stir fry until it’s well coated, adding a bit of water if needed.
- Add the spring onions, stir frying for a very short period of time.
- Serve with fresh steamed rice.
Steamed Rice Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min; Cook Time: 20 min; Rest Time: 5 min; Total Time: 30 min
- 3 cups Thai jasmine rice
- 3 ¾ cups water
- Rinse the rice several times until the water is clear.
- Allow the water to come to a boil without a lid or stirring for about 5 minutes. The grains on the surface will look dry.
- Lower the heat to very low. Lid the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.