Spicy Candied Walnuts
Whether you’re looking for an everyday snack for your family, a holiday gift idea for neighbors and colleagues, or a simple dessert for a gathering, Spicy Candied Walnuts fit the bill. Glenda’s Farmhouse provides a wholesome, affordable source for healthy walnuts, as well as almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, and sea salt varieties.
Spicy Candied Walnuts are the ideal blend of sweet and salty with a healthy dose of nutrition.
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the walnuts in egg white and vanilla to coat.
- Add the dry mix to the walnut mixture, and toss to coat.
- Spread out the walnuts on the lined baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 more minutes.
- Take the walnuts out of the oven and place the pan on a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes to cool.
Words for the Wise When Making Spicy Candied Walnuts:
- Keep a supply of Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts on hand for making recipes of all sorts, including this one, or adding nutrition, crunch, and flavor to various dishes.
- Long term storage is best in the freezer.
- Choose light or dark brown sugar for the recipe.
- Choose regular, kosher, or sea salt for the recipe.
- Spicy candied walnuts will keep for up to a month in an airtight container.
- Walnuts can be swapped out for pecans.
- Spicy candied walnuts taste great on their own, as a replacement for salad croutons, or as a homemade holiday gift for family or friends.
Add the preceding recipe for Spicy Candied Walnuts to your family’s regular snacking routine in place of other unhealthy choices. You’ll gain plenty of nutrition and flavor without sacrificing a bit of enjoyment. Glenda’s Farmhouse makes it easy to keep wholesome walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, and sea salt varieties fresh and in stock within your homes with a simple online order.