Salted Caramel, Apple, Walnut Galette
This Galette is full of sweet and salty goodness. It is just as delish as a pie, but you can make it in half the time! You next party is going to be shocked and in love with this galette just as we are!
How To Make The Galette
- Make the Crust: Whisk the flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Cube the butter and mix it into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter or a fork. Mix until the mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Add water and stir till the flour is moistened. ( You my need more water than needed) Knead the dough a few times, shape the dough into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate bit for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Filling: Mix the apples, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cover tightly and let the apples sit in the refrigerate until the dough is ready.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, then set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle, trim the edge of the circle to look clean. Transfer dough to baking sheet.
- Arrange the apples (not the Juices) into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-3 inch border. Fold the edges over the apples, and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle walnuts and drizzle caramel over the apples (not the crust).
- Bake until the filling id bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with extra caramel and walnuts on top.