Rosemary Roasted Cashews
Elevate your fruit and cheese platter with these Rosemary Roasted Cashews made from Glenda’s Farmhouse Cashews. They’re flavorful and deceptively easy to prepare!
● Preheat the oven to 375°. ● Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper. ● Spread the cashews on the cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. ● Mix the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter. ● Remove the cashews from the oven and toss them in the seasoned butter mixture.
- You can customize this recipe with your favorite flavor profile. Have fun; play around and create your own specialty cashews.
- Rather than roasting in the oven, you can roast them on a medium-high stovetop in a cast iron pan until they reach a golden color.
- If you can’t find raw cashews, rinse them before roasting, or roast them as they are and leave the salt out of the coating mixture
- In addition to cashews, you can roast and season almonds, pecans, walnuts, and other nuts.
Storing and Using Cashews
For several reasons, buying a supply of cashews from Glenda’s Farmhouse is a wise choice. It’s more cost-effective, and you’ll be more likely to include them in your diet when you have them conveniently on hand. However, bulk purchasing leads to another problem. How do you store cashews for the freshest, longest shelf life?
Cashews have a significant amount of fat, and while the fat is healthy fat, cashews will turn, especially if exposed to warm temperatures or moisture in the air. Storage containers should be air-tight with a complete seal, and the location should be cold. In the refrigerator, cashews can last for half a year, and in the freezer, they can last for an entire year or more. Bear in mind that the placement in the refrigerator should be away from anything with a strong aroma, like onions or garlic.
Keep a stash of Rosemary Roasted Cashews on hand for a delicious and healthy snack, or package them nicely for a memorable teacher or friendship gift. Glenda’s Farmhouse offers high-quality, wholesome, fresh cashews and other nuts for easy purchase.