Praline pecans perfectly balance flavor, crunch, and sweet. Take the time to create a batch from high-quality Glenda’s Farmhouse pecans, and you’ll satisfy every sweet tooth while sneaking in healthy fats and fiber. They’re easily made and ideal for adding interest to oatmeal or salad, not to mention delicious all on their own.
- Prepare a baking pan with wax paper (or butter).
- In a heavy-duty saucepan on medium heat, mix both the granulated and brown sugars, butter, milk, and corn syrup.
- Stir while heating to a boil.
- Boil about 8 minutes until the mixture passes the water drop test. (Drop a small bit into very cold water. If it forms a ball that you can flatten when you take it out of the water, it passes.) You can also use a candy thermometer; it should read 235°F.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the pecans. Stir like a champ!
- In the prepared baking pan, spread out the mixture evenly.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Break up into pieces.
Substitute your favorite nut variety with this recipe for a tasty treat that never gets old.
Store these praline pecans in an airtight container at room temp for up to a week.
These candied pecans are a unique salad, cereal, or ice cream topping; a sweet snack; or a thoughtful gift for the holidays or a hostess.
Want to make either version of these scrumptious Praline Pecans? Order your Glenda’s Farmhouse pecans, or any of our other products today!