Pecan Pie Recipe
When family dinner culminates with a wholesome pecan pie, the crowd will surely be pleased, and you can’t go wrong with the following recipe. The Glenda’s Farmhouse inventory includes pecans, an ingredient that deserves a dedicated place among your kitchen ingredients.
Pecan pies are traditionally made with a few different ingredients. Allow us to provide a few tried-and-true options to pair with your kitchen inventory - one traditional and a healthier preparation.
Whether you prefer the traditional or healthy pecan pie recipe, source your supply of pecans from Glenda’s Farmhouse. We offer quality and convenience when stocking your kitchen with wholesome nut goodness.
Traditional Pecan Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Mix the eggs, brown syrup, molasses, melted butter, vanilla, and salt thoroughly.
- Spread the pecans across the pie shell’s bottom.
- Pour out the filling over this layer of pecans.
- Place the whole pecans on top if you like, pushing them into the filling to get coated.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 min.
- Tent the pie with foil.
- Bake for another 35 minutes or until the pie is set with just a bit of jiggle in the center.
- Cool completely.
Healthy Pecan Pie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
- ½ cup honey
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Combine and stir together the honey, coconut oil, eggs, orange zest, salt, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pastry flour.
- Spread the pecans across the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the filling on top of the pecan layer. Spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400℉.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350℉ and bake for an additional 20 min.
- Checking for doneness - cracked top and no jiggle in center.
- Cool completely.