Kale Walnut Pesto
Amplify the flavors of your meal with some kale walnut pesto with this delicious Glenda’s Farmhouse recipe and products! The process is easy, and the results are flavorful.
- Prepare a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Blanch the kale for one minute.
- Drain the kale and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze dry with a kitchen towel.
- Add to a food processor with garlic, parmesan, and walnuts.
- Pulse to a coarse texture.
- Slowly pour oil while continuing to pulse to a puree texture.
- Incorporate the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This tasty pesto can be used in a variety of different dishes. Consider giving the following a try!
Walnut and Kale Ravioli with Walnut and Kale Pesto
Total Time: 3 hours and 10 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 oz. kale (prepare by removing ribs)
- ½ cup olive oil (divided into (2) ¼ cups)
- 16 oz. ricotta
- 3 oz. walnuts (prepare by soaking in warm water for an hour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 oz. parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Lemon zest
- 5 oz. walnuts (prepare by soaking in warm water overnight in a covered dish)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP prepared kale walnut pesto
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup prepared Kale Walnut Pesto
- 8 TBSP prepared Walnut Pesto Cream
- ¼ cup walnuts (toast and chop)
- Add flour, eggs, and salt to the bowl of the stand mixer and equip the paddle blade.
- Turn on, mixing on medium-low speed until the dough forms a ball (add water if required).
- Switch out the paddle blade for the dough hook on the stand mixer.
- Knead with the dough hook for five minutes on medium-low speed.
- Pat into a ball; cover; and set at room temperature for 30 min-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread kale on baking sheet and coat with ¼ cup of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Cool and drain liquid.
- Add the kale and the rest of the ingredient list to a food processor and pulse.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until the mixture achieves a creamy texture.
- With a pasta machine on the thinnest available setting, roll out the dough into long sheets.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the ravioli filling for each ravioli.
- Spray a bit of water on the dough.
- Cover the sheet of dough with another, or you can fold the bottom over the top of the sheet.
- Cut into individual ravioli.
- Boil 8 at a time in lightly salted pre-boiled water.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of the pesto on low heat.
- Drain ravioli and add them to the pesto with a small amount of the pasta water.
- Begin with a tablespoon of the Walnut Pesto Cream on the bottom of the plate.
- Layer 8 (one serving) ravioli.
- Top with parmesan and the chopped and toasted walnuts.
Interested in making this delicious dish? Make sure to stock up on Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts for all of your walnut-driven components, including the Kale Walnut Pesto.