Honey Roasted Cashews
Treat yourself with these delicious Honey Roasted Cashews, the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Tasty but loaded with healthy nutrition, this treat can be enjoyed sans guilt. Make this recipe for any special occasion, holiday, or a day that ends in Y!
Glenda’s Farmhouse remains a proven source for wholesome cashews as well as other tree nuts and sea salt varieties.
For Cooking with Cashews
Cashews are ideal for both sweet and savory dishes, and they easily take on flavors of other ingredients. These features make them great for culinary purposes in addition to enjoying cashews as a simple snack on their own.
We suggest that you try toasted cashews and experiment with a range of seasonings to suit your tastes. Other options include using cashews as a source of milk, butter, meat supplement, or textural addition. You can even ground up the nuts to create a creamy sauce known as korma that is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Take a small saucepan and add the honey, maple syrup, and butter.*
- On low to medium-low heat, heat and whisk until mixed.
- Remove from heat when butter melts.
- Then, whisk in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread out the cashews on a baking pan.
- Pour the mixture over the cashews.
- Toss well until coated.
- Spread out into a single layer.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss about, spread out again.
- Bake for another 6 minutes.
- Remove, toss, spread, and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Put the cashews into a bowl and add the ¼ cup of sugar and a couple of pinches of salt. Toss well to thoroughly cover the cashews.
- Spread on parchment paper while it cools; then break into pieces if they stick.
- Store in an airtight container.
*Steps 2-4 can be completed in the microwave.
Honey Roasted Cashews provide the perfect sweet treat, full of nutrition and easy to make, and Glenda’s Farmhouse is a quality source for fairly priced, sustainably grown, and quickly shipped cashews and other nut products.