Healthy Candied Walnuts
Healthy candied walnuts take the concept of classic candied walnuts and lighten it up. Make this with a bit of a spicy kick or plain, depending on your spice quotient. Whether you enjoy them as a snack or a replacement for croutons on a salad, a topper for yogurt, part of a wrap, incorporated into a snack mix, or as an enhancement to oatmeal, you’ll get plenty of flavor without the guilt.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, ¼ tsp of salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Add the nuts and stir.
- Pour the mix onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 15 minutes, stirring at 5-minute intervals. Incorporating the excess syrup into the nuts each time you stir is essential.
- Take the walnuts out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining salt over the walnuts, and set them aside to cool.
- If you’re not a spice lover, leave out the cayenne pepper! You can also experiment with various flavors to make this healthier version of candied walnuts your own.
- Store these nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Storing Glenda’s Farmhouse Walnuts:
- Refrigerator - store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Freezer - store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
- Store the walnuts separately from any foods with strong odors.
As a branch of Andersen & Sons Shelling, Glenda’s Farmhouse is committed to quality, nutrition, and customer satisfaction. Our entire facility is peanut free, and we farm using sustainable practices to preserve the land, trees, and pollinating insects.
Glenda’s Farmhouse offers wholesome walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, sea salts, and more! Our ingredients allow families nationwide to easily create healthy snacks and meals filled with flavor and nutrition. Make your purchase online for convenient delivery directly to your home. If you have questions about our products, reach out via phone at 530-839-2236 or follow this link.