Cinnamon Candied Walnuts
For an easy, healthy, and delicious snack or appetizer, use this recipe to create Cinnamon Candied Walnuts. Toss them into a salad as a healthier alternative to croutons, onto a charcuterie spread for a bit of sweet to balance the savory, or wrap up with a festive box and bow for a holiday gift. To make this recipe, or to easily incorporate walnuts into a healthy diet, keep Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Prepare a baking pan with a lining of parchment paper.
- Mix the egg whites, water, and vanilla extract, whisking to froth.
- Add the walnuts to this mixture, tossing to coat.
- In a large ziploc bag, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Combine well.
- Pour the walnuts into the bag. Shake well to thoroughly coat the walnuts with the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread out the walnuts in a single layer on the ready baking pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and place on a cooling rack until cooled.
Cooking with Walnuts All Year Long
Walnuts are a useful ingredient, chock full of nutritional benefits, and appropriate for different dishes throughout the year. As the seasons change, consider the foods that pair well with walnuts.
- Fruits - pears, pomegranates, figs, apples
- Vegetables - potatoes, Swiss chard, butternut squash, brussel sprouts
- Seafood - trout, shrimp, cod
- Cheese - cheddar, manchego, fontina
- Fruits - citrus, persimmons, dates, cranberries
- Vegetables - kale, leeks, artichokes, mushrooms
- Seafood - shrimp, crab, scallops, rockfish
- Cheese - stilton, gorgonzola
- Fruits - strawberries, oranges, rhubarb, cherries
- Vegetables - fava beans, asparagus, spinach, broccoli
- Seafood - sole, halibut, sea bass
- Cheese - goat, ricotta, mozzarella
- Fruits - blueberries, plums, apricots, peaches
- Vegetables - summer squash, green beans, eggplant, zucchini
- Seafood - trout, salmon, mahi mahi
- Cheese - brie, tellegio, camembert
From Cinnamon Candied Walnuts to alternative meat made with walnuts, adding nutrition without giving up flavor is made easy with Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts. Order online for an affordable and straightforward way to keep your kitchen stocked with all of the freshest, healthy ingredients we offer.