Chocolate Pecan Pie
With this recipe and a supply of Glenda’s Farmhouse pecans, you’ll be prepared to create this scrumptious traditional pecan pie elevated with delicious chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add corn syrup, sugar, margarine, eggs, and salt.
- Stir well until combined.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate morsels.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the pie is set.
- Cool thoroughly.
- An option regarding the sugar would be to use ½ cup of granulated sugar and ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Butter can substitute for margarine.
- If you prefer the pecans smaller, chop them first.
- Buy a store-bought pie crust or make your own.*
- This dessert is excellent when made ahead of time. Cover the completely cooled pie with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or reheat before serving.
- This recipe can also be frozen for up to three months. Double wrap with a layer of plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil.
- Suggested servings - stand alone or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.