Achieve take-out quality at home with a supply of Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews and the following easy-to-follow recipe for Cashew Chicken. The team here at Glenda’s values wholesome ingredients, and we strive to make them available for families everywhere. From cashews to walnuts, pecans, almonds, and sea salt, count on our products for quality!
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix the cornflour and soy sauce well until the mixture is lump-free.
2. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix together.
- Cut chicken thighs into small pieces about 1” each.
- Place chicken in a bowl and add 2 TBSP of the sauce to the bowl. Mix well and allow to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in either a wok or heavy-duty skillet.
- Add the garlic and the onion to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the sauce and the water. Allow to come to a simmer and cook for another minute, waiting for the sauce to thicken.
Once the sauce thickens, stir in the cashews and remove from heat.
Plating and Serving
- Plate with rice (white, jasmine, brown, or cauliflower).
- Serve immediately!
*Toasting 1 Cup of Raw Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Prepare a baking sheet with either foil or parchment paper.
- Spread cashews (one layer).
- Toast for 10-15 min. Watch carefully and stir once in a while to keep the cashews from burning.
- Remove and chop. Use as needed for up to one week when stored in an airtight container.
- On medium heat, stir the cashews until they’re brown and fragrant. (3-5 minutes)
- Spread cashews on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer.
- Zap the cashews, one minute at a time, until they’re toasted.
The above Cashew Chicken recipe offers great taste. In the time you wait for delivery to arrive, you could have the meal ready for enjoyment! Further, you’ll save money and know what’s in your food. To keep a supply of cashews or other nut products on hand for your healthy cooking plans, choose Glenda’s Farmhouse products.