Banana Walnut Muffins
Delicious Banana Walnut Muffins offer a satisfying crisp of crust, a scrumptiously soft inside, and a balanced and remarkably satisfying flavor. Choose Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts for fresh, quality ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or you can use cooking spray if you don’t like liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the sugar and egg. Blend well.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Add the rest of the batter ingredients. Mix until the flour isn’t visible and the walnuts are evenly mixed in the batter.
- For the walnut topping, combine the ¾ cup of walnuts, brown sugar, and melted butter, and mix to coat the walnuts.
- Within the prepared muffin tin, scoop the muffin batter into the cups followed by some of the coated walnuts. Spread the walnut topping evenly.
- Bake between 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness with the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool a bit before taking them out and placing on a rack to cool.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days, or the muffins will freeze well for 2 months.
- Swapping out the vegetable oil for applesauce will up the nutritional level and cut the fat and calories.
- Less mixing equals lighter and fluffier muffins. Do not overmix.
- Use a wooden spoon for mixing. Avoid a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Don’t leave the batter setting after mixing; put the pan in the oven as quickly as possible.
- The muffins will continue to cook once removed from the oven; let them cool before serving.
- We suggest Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts for the convenience and quality.
Banana Walnut Muffins, made from Glenda’s Farmhouse walnuts and other quality ingredients, will be the star of your next Sunday morning brunch. We offer walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and an array of other wholesome and nutritious foods, and you can purchase them online for fair pricing and fast delivery.