Almond Cookie Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect recipe for after-school, birthday party, or tea party cookies? If so, the following Almond Cookie recipe will provide a delicious treat along with the nutrition that comes from the incorporation of almonds. Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds deserve a place within your pantry for making desserts, almond milk, almond flour, almond butter, and so much more.
- Cream butter and ½ cup powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Slowly add flour a bit at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in almonds.
- Create 1” balls.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, place balls 2” apart.
- Bake at 350° for 11 min or cookies are set.
- Cool for a minute; remove to wire racks.
- Once cool, roll in the other section of powdered sugar.
Cooking with Almonds
Natural almonds, like those available from Glenda’s Farmhouse, are better suited for cooking and baking purposes than pre-roasted almonds.
One serving of almonds = 1 oz. = ¼ cup = 28 grams = about 23 almonds = about one handful.
Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds are packed whole or sliced in 12 oz. or 27 oz. packages.
- 1 pound of almonds = 3 cups of almonds
- Almonds substitute for any type of nut in all recipes.
- Excellent addition to dishes of all sorts for extra nutrition and as a substitute for flour, milk, and other unhealthy options, almonds are incredibly versatile.
- Almonds take on odors and flavors well.
- For toasted almonds, bake them in a single layer at 325° for 8-10 minutes while moving them around occasionally.
- Airtight containers
- 4-6 months when refrigerated (In the refrigerator, keep the almonds separate from ingredients with strong odors.)
- 9-12 months when frozen
- Once roasted, the shelf-life is greatly diminished.
Add almonds to your diet to gain a healthy source of Vitamin E, protein, magnesium, manganese, healthy fat, and fiber. Almonds promote heart health, immunity, healthy weight management, blood sugar levels, and much more.
Glenda’s Farmhouse, as a branch of Andersen & Sons Shelling, has a century of experience providing American families with healthy and wholesome food. With Glenda’s almonds and this almond cookie recipe, you’ll be able to impress the most persnickety of guests as well as the choosiest kid.