Interested in eliminating traditional flour from your pantry? Cashew flour is free of gluten, easy to make, and full of nutrition. For your baking supplies, choose Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews. We’re dedicated to supplying pantries with high-quality, nutritious foods, including cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, sea salt, and more.
From cookies to pie crusts and beyond, many baked treats can be whipped up deliciously with cashew flour.
How to Make Cashew Flour
This recipe yields one cup of cashew flour.
Prep Time: 12 min; Total Time: 12 min
- 1 cup Glenda’s Farmhouse cashews (raw)
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Place the cashews and sugar into the food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture reaches a fine texture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month or in the freezer for two months.
Now that you have cashew flour, what should you do with it? Why not make some cookies? Try the following recipe to start.
Low-Carb Cashew Cookies
Prep Time: 18 min; Cook Time: 12 min; Chill Time: 25 min; Total Time: 55 min
Makes 24 cookies. Serving = 1 cookie.
- 93 calories
- 3 g carbohydrates
- 3 g protein
- 149 mg sodium
- 1 g fiber
- 2 g net carbs
- 2 cups cashew flour
- ½ cup Allulose
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter (melt and allow to cool)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 24 cashews for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Mix the cashew flour, Allulose, baking powder, and salt in one bowl, and mix the eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and xanthan gum in another.
- Combine the two mixtures. Mix.
- Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for about 25 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 24 equivalent balls.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper, brush with the egg wash, and add a cashew to the top, pressing down a bit.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Add a bit of flavor to the dough for a unique experience: cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, lemon zest, cocoa powder, ginger, etc.
- Other adjustments might include adding ¼ cup of diced cashews or ¼ cup of chocolate chips to the dough.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or freeze for a few months.
Choose Glenda’s Farmhouse
Glenda’s Farmhouse is a stellar choice for cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, sea salt, and more. An offshoot of Andersen & Sons Shelling, Glenda’s continues our century-long legacy of providing nutritious and wholesome foods for many families and communities. Our product distribution occurs in an entirely peanut-free facility, and we respect tradition and innovation in our agricultural practices, working to sustain the land, its trees, and pollinators.
If you want to make your own cashew flour, purchase your nut supply from Glenda’s Farmhouse. We stand behind every sale and welcome your purchase, questions, or feedback. Contact us online by clicking here or calling 530-839-2236. Your order will ship within 1-2 days, and shipping is free if you spend a minimum of $76.