A family’s health begins with its daily menu. Nutrition fuels their schedules, sets the tone for the day, and influences bodily health or lack thereof. If you’re searching for little things that can add up to huge benefits, consider the benefits of eating walnuts.
Glenda’s Farmhouse provides farm-fresh, natural walnuts packed with nutrients and minerals that promote health. We are a brand of Andersen & Sons Shelling, a family operation producing walnuts, prunes, and cattle since 1904. Since our merger with Western Nut Company, we have been developing additional brands and innovative tree nut products.
Choose Glenda’s Farmhouse Walnuts
- Raised, hulled, dried, shelled, sorted, stored, packaged, and sold within our operation
- Certified organic by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF)
- Non-GMO project verified
- Certified vegan
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification
The Health Benefits of Incorporating Walnuts into the Diet
- Reduced Inflammation – The root cause of many diseases, reducing inflammation can decrease the likelihood of heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer. Polyphenols found within walnuts have been shown to reduce inflammation and the oxidative stress that causes it. Additional components that affect inflammation include ALA Omega-3 fat, magnesium, and the amino acid arginine.
- Abundance of Antioxidants – The walnut is the most antioxidant-rich nut of the ones we typically consume. This value stems from vitamin E, melatonin, and polyphenols. The consumption of walnuts has proven to avert damage caused by LDL cholesterol, preventing atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Weight Management – Dieters often avoid walnuts because of the perceived high caloric count, but the nutrients in walnuts can even out your appetite and minimize food cravings.
- Mitigate High Blood Pressure – Studies suggest that a diet rich in walnuts may help lower blood pressure, a determinant factor in heart attacks and strokes.
- Omega-3 Rich Nutritional Plant Source – Within a single 1 oz. (28 g) serving of walnuts awaits 2.5 grams of ALA Omega-3s, an essential fat that needs to come from dietary sources. This one serving also meets the daily ALA requirement known to minimize the risk of death by a heart attack.
- Grow Old Healthily – A healthy diet is essential to growing old without losing the ability to move and care for oneself. Walnuts are loaded with vitamins, fiber, minerals, and healthy fats.
- Maintain a Healthy Gut – A gut filled with healthy bacteria and natural microbes will promote healthy digestion, immunity, and balance. Gut health affects the entire body. Walnuts offer nutrition for the body as a whole, including the beneficial bacteria that should reside in your gut.
Easy Ways to Incorporate Walnuts into One’s Diet
- Crushed up to replace bread crumbs when coating chicken and fish;
- Ground up and incorporated into sauces;
- Chopped up and added to bread batter, sandwiches, wraps, etc.;
- Crushed or chopped and sprinkled over salad, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.;
- Added to stir-fry, pasta, or vegetable dishes.
If you’re interested in small ways to improve your family’s health through nutrition, consider all of the benefits of eating walnuts. Glenda’s Farmhouse is a terrific source for these nutritious nuts, and you can order easily online or by calling (530) 839-2236.