As you prepare to observe the celebration of Passover and consider whether your menu is appropriate for the holiday, you may wonder if almonds are kosher. Glenda’s Farmhouse offers a comprehensive catalog of kosher products, including almonds, to make delicious cakes and cookies for gatherings.
In Vina, California, Glenda’s Farmhouse is a quality source of almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, and more. We operate an entirely peanut-free facility and prioritize the satisfaction of our customers.
Key Highlights of Glenda’s Farmhouse:
- Easy online shopping and convenient delivery for a ready supply
- Sustainable farming practices to protect the land and its trees
- Protection for pollinators
- Full catalog of various wholesome and nutritious products.
Kosher Almonds for Passover
For a food to be considered kosher, it must meet Jewish law requirements. Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds meet the requirements to be considered kosher and approved for making Passover treats. As it pertains to almonds, unblanched, unroasted, and additive-free almonds are kosher without certification, and treated almonds require certification.
Need some ideas for enjoying almonds at Passover? Let’s explore a couple.
Passover Almond Cookies
Prep Time: 30 min; Cook Time: 10 min; Total Time: 40 min
Makes 20 cookies, serving size = 1 cookie
- 70 calories
- 2 g protein
- 2.5 g carbohydrates
- 6 g total fat
- 0.4 g saturated fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 1.5 mg sodium
- 0 mg calcium
- 0.3 g fiber
- 2 ½ cups Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds, ground
- 1 cup sugar (or stevia)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- About 20 almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by treating with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to combine the almonds and sweetener.
- Incorporate the almond extract and egg whites into the almonds, using the food processor, until the mixture becomes a paste-like consistency.
- Separate the dough into twenty equal balls. Shape into the shape of your choice and push an almond into the center.
- Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes until they begin to turn golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Passover Almond Macaroons
Prep Tie: 10 min; Chill Time: 1 hour; Cook Time: 10 min; Total Time: 1 hour, 20 min
Makes 50 cookies, Serving size = 1 cookie
- 41 calories
- 2 g total fat
- 0.3 g saturated fat
- 13 mg cholesterol
- 0.7 g sodium
- 5 g total carbohydrates
- 0.5 g fiber
- 4 g sugar
- 1 g protein
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds, ground
- Whisk the egg yolks thoroughly.
- Incorporate the sugar; beat the mixture until it becomes bright yellow.
- Add the ground almonds, mixing well.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Shape into 50 equal-sized balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet an inch apart. (These cookies spread as they cook.)
- Press an almond in the center of the cookie
- Bake for 10 minutes or so. Remove to a cooling rack.
Make this Passover special with cookies made for the holiday from kosher Glenda’s Farmhouse almonds that are fresh, nutritious, and conveniently delivered. Explore any of the products within our catalog by checking out our website or calling (530) 839-2236.